Lumineer™ Dental VeneersNon-invasive, reversible ultra thin veneers for teeth
Lumineers and Emprethin no prep Dental Veneers
Lumineers™ by Cerinate ® and Emprethin™ are porcelain veneers that offer patients a no-preparation (no drilling, no grinding) option for applying these ultra thin veneers to the teeth. They can even be placed over existing crown or bridgework.
Lumineers™ and Emprethin™are both ultra-thin porcelain veneers shells which are bonded to the front of the teeth. Lumineers™ are an older product
Emprethin™ are the latest ultra thin veneer and are a pressed ceramic that can be fabricated at approximately 0.2 mm – 0.4 mm, transforming teeth into a naturally beautiful smile that looks perfect for every individual.
Lumineers and Emprethin Dental Veneers are Reversible
If you have been hesitant about having your smile made over, these ultra thin veneers are completely removable by a dentist and your teeth are never etched during the application.
A Dental Veneer is a thin pearly white and slightly translucent wafer of porcelain that can be applied to a single tooth, several teeth, or all of the front visible teeth to create a beautiful smile that does not yellow over time.
Veneers are cosmetic only and cannot restore dental function or structurally damaged teeth. Veneers are best when used to restore superficial damage, discolorations, and to match the shape color and alignment that is most complementary.
Porcelain Veneers Process and Time line
The first step in the process involves a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Garelick. He will meet with you understand your needs and goals. Dr. Garelick will evaluate if porcelain veneers are the best choice to accomplish your results, to provide you with other dental options that may be a better choice and to ensure that you you will be completely satisfied with your results.
Dr. Garelick will evaluate your condition and map out your treatment plan, which includes establishing the type, color, size, and shape of the veneer to achieve the look you want. The procedure is typically carried out over the course of two appointments:
- The surface of the tooth is lightly buffed in preparation of the veneer(s).
- A mold is created of the patient’s teeth and then sent to a dental laboratory that will create the porcelain veneer(s).
- In one to two weeks, the patient returns for veneer placement.
- Dr. Garelick places the veneer onto the surface of the tooth to make sure it fits and looks natural and beautiful. Any necessary adjustments are made at this time.
- Dental cement is applied to the veneer, and then it is adhered to the surface of the tooth.
- A special dental light is shone onto the tooth to harden the dental adhesive.
- The dentist polishes the veneer or makes any adjustments as needed.
- The patient can leave our practice with a new, flawless smile.
Our caring and helpful team will provide aftercare instructions to follow in order to maintain the veneers for as long as possible. Good oral hygiene, including brushing, flossing, and regular checkups, is imperative to maintaining a healthy, beautiful smile.
Dental Veneers Procedure
During your initial visit, you will look at examples of what your new smile will look like and make selections for shape, color and alignment. We will produce a treatment plan with your preferences. If you are having only one or two teeth treated, you will select a color that is very close to your natural tooth color. If you are having all of your visible teeth veneered, you can choose a whiter shade.
Teeth are cleaned and polished. Little to no enamel is removed. Think of it as roughening the surface of the teeth or removing any bumps so the veneers can fit nice on the tooth. Not enough tooth is removed for you or anyone else to notice.
Each veneer is then attached to its prepared tooth surface with a bonding agent. This adhesive is cured with a special lamp to harden it. Any excess bonding agent is removed and the edges of the veneers are shaped. The veneers are then are polished to a brilliant finish.
Candidates for Porcelain Veneers
The best way to learn whether you are a candidate for porcelain veneers is to meet with Dr. Garelick. It is important to know that porcelain veneers are solely cosmetic, and are placed onto visible front teeth.
Veneers work best for patients who have only minor tooth flaws. They are not suitable for covering up cavities or deep fractures. Veneers can be used in combination with all ceramic crowns which are used to replace a functionally damaged tooth. Patients with healthy gums are likely to be most satisfied with veneers. The upper edge of the veneer can become visible if gums recede due to gingivitis or periodontitis. Proper oral care is essential for keeping veneered teeth in good condition!
Ideal Veneer Candidates:
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- Discolored or badly stained teeth
- Crowded or widely spaced teeth
- Slightly misaligned teeth
- Excessive gum tissue – a “gummy smile”
- Uneven or elongated teeth
- Healthy teeth and gums
- no history of clenching or grinding teeth
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Immediate results
- A beautiful and natural-looking smile
- Boost self-esteem and confidence
- No recovery time necessary
- Durable and strong
- Long-lasting – 5 to 8 years or longer – based on diet and dental care
- Correct multiple cosmetic imperfections
The standard veneering procedure is a minimally invasive dental procedure. No prep veneers like Lumineers and Emprethin Dental Veneers procedure are reversible.
Call our Chandler dentist office now for an appointment and no-preparation veneers consultation.
Chandler, AZ 85248
|Monday||7:00AM – 4:00PM|
|Tuesday||7:00AM – 4:00PM|
|Wednesday||7:00AM – 4:00PM|
|Thursday||7:00AM – 4:00PM|
|Friday||7:00AM – 4:00PM|
Voted Best Dentist
Jeffrey S. Garelick, DDS
Independent Reader Poll