Family DentistryComprehensive Dentistry
Family and General Dentistry
Dr. Garelick and the Ocotillo Dental Care team provide routine and specialized family dentistry in a friendly and comfortable environment.
Family dentistry and general dentistry are primarily preventative dentistry practices. They are considered to be the first level of defense against dental abnormalities.
Our services focused on age specific dentistry needs.
- Children’s Dentistry for the treatment of children’s dental problems.Your child’s life-time oral health is determined by you! Developing healthy eating habits and establishing good oral hygiene is critical in the early years.With advanced dental care, dedication to good hygiene and a sensible diet, your child could reach adulthood without ever experiencing dental decay.However, without commitment to good habits, your children’s dental health could suffer long-term. The Center for Disease Control and the Surgeon General have announced an epidemic of dental decay not seen since before fluoridation. America’s “on the run” diets of processed foods, sweets, and “hidden” sugars have caused cavity rates to soar to pre-World War II proportions. Ocotillo Dental Care places a special emphasis on preventive education for young and teen-age patients, and on establishing positive relationships. If your children don’t look forward to routine preventive care appointments – as many of our moms and dads tell us they do – we feel we haven’t lived up to our goals and your expectations.
In addition to general dentistry care, we provide:
- Instruction & encouragement for proper brushing and flossing
- Practical guidelines for a healthy diet
- Sealants – protective coatings proven effective in preventing decay
- Sports guards – to protect those teeth against the other team!
- Specialized care for specific situations – see next section for examples
The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends that you visit your family dentist for a checkup a minimum of two times each year. Such checkups provide routine or deep cleanings to eliminate plaque buildup and prevent tooth decay. If necessary, we provide fluoride treatments to help coat the teeth, a procedure also important in the prevention of tooth decay. Preventative dental checkups can help with the detection of oral health problems long before the onset of symptoms.
On some visits, X-rays are taken to help detect cavities and other tooth and jaw problems. If a cavity is detected during a checkup, we can provide treatment with a dental filling before it develops into a more serious problem that may require a dental crown, dental implant, root canal, or other restorative dental procedures.
We also provide state of the art services in tooth whitening for a beautiful smile and smile makeover for our patients who seek the ultimate aesthetics in their smile.
Learn more about family dentistry services and make your appointment today!
Voted Best Dentist
Jeffrey S. Garelick, DDS
Independent Reader Poll